Sara's CJD journey

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hospice and the CJD Helpline

My calls are returned by somber, even voices
Humane and gracious, these are grown-up people
Using grown-ups tones with genuine compassion
They seem to know the trajectory of my questions
Even if I'm stumbling in the asking. They're there.

Nurse Someone's got an affirmation for us
There's some pharmacutical something somewhere
I hear "Take it an hour at a time", and it resounds
That's a phrase I've used myself about myself, so
It must be true. It must be there, there's truth there.

Today the house had a party for a birthday for a lady
Wheelchairs and baloons, a hired musician with a ponytail
I observed the most mute resident move his lips in song
To "Happy Trails To You, Untill We Meet Again"
And again, we took that hour that time, and we left it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment