Sara's CJD journey

Friday, June 12, 2009

Thanks for the comments

I want to thank all of your for you comments and memories of my mom. It helps me tremendously to know you are all out there sending her loving thoughts. 

I know I promised an update when she arrived on Tuesday, but I haven't been able to bring myself to type what we've been going through. I'll try tonight to get it out, but I'll summarize by saying that she wasn't thrilled to be here and she's losing more and more function daily. 

Check back tomorrow for the update. Hopefully I'll be able to make some words come that aren't as sad as they are in my head now.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sonia-

    I was so incredibly shocked and saddened by the terrible news of your mom's declining health. I was one of Sara's hires thru the Clinton County Probation Department in 1995 and got to know her quite well over the time she was Director.

    She's just such a wonderful lady! Incredibly intelligent and really great sense of humor! I always loved her laugh, she really lit up any room she entered.

    Sara has always had a heart of gold. More than once while she was Director she let us care for stray dogs in the department (one of which my husband and I still have). I've always known her to be a dog lover, as her and her best companion, Ivan (her Afghan Hound), were a frequent and welcome sight all around Clinton County and beyond. I miss that, and that's why I love this picture of her with her two little white dogs.

    Your mom is just such an exceptional person. She was always so proud of her children and loves you all so very much. She spoke proudly of you often. Let her know that we care so much about her, and that she and your family are forever in our thoughts and prayers. Shower her with hugs!

    Jill Marcoux

    ReplyDelete